Offshore meteorological weather interpretation (OMWIT)
OMWIT courses are arranged as per client's request. Contact us to arrange a time that suits you either in Pretoria or Cape Town. Alternatively we can arrange for the training to be completed at your venue. Discount rates may be arranged for groups of 4 or more candidates.
For more information contact us :
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 (0) 83 263 4439
The OMWIT course is now available on-line through the Flight Safety Group of companies. For more information: www.flightsafety.com.au
Cost of the one-day course: USD 650 (incl.) pp.
UKCAA CAP 437 Edition 8 December 2016 Amendment 01/2018 now requires that every crew member involved in weather reporting must have completed the OMWIT training.
The aim and objectives of the OMWIT training are to ensure that accurate weather reports and interpretations are given to the helicopter pilot to ensure maximum safe landing and take-off conditions.
Who should attend this course?
Any HLO, HDA, Radio operator or crew member involved in weather reporting.
What are the benefits for attendees?
- The OMWIT certification will confirm compliance with offshore regulations
- Crew members will have confidence in reporting and interpreting immediate and pending weather conditions
- Increased safety levels of all helideck operations
- Enhanced reputation and minimised exposure to risk for the operating company
What does the course cover?
This one-day certified course, which fully complies with UKCAA CAP 437 Edition 8 2016 Amendment 01/2018 September 2018, provides any crew member who may be involved with offshore weather interpretation and reporting, the ability to accurately judge, report and document immediate and pending offshore weather conditions, including the ability to read and understand the digital instruments used for offshore weather reporting.
More specifically, the course includes, but is not limited to:
- Legal references for offshore weather interpretation and reporting
- Understanding meteorological equipment
- Wind speed and direction
- Air Temperature and Dew Point Temperature
- QNH and QNF
- Cloud amount and height
Contact us to arrange a date and venue that will suit you!
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call +27 (0) 83 263 4439